We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Utility switch - final bill -long wait.

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Back in end of February I decided after many years of having separate supplier move to a dual fuel account with a single supplier. It was all done on line and seemingly went through OK. I was informed by the new supplier that the account would take affect from the 1 April and I would get a final bill from the old electricity supplier shortly there after.

Still waiting.

I appreciate these companies are tardy in these matters and I guess in the fullness of time will get a bill for electricity which will include this last winter period. Any one have experience in a similar situation to report? I am not inclined to chase anybody up you under stand, the money is doing me a little good in a deposit account.

Like this post

Likes # 0

New supplier sends meter readings to old company who then claim final due, either using existing direct debit or sending bill

That's it in theory. Some of the companies accounts depts are in general chaos

I'd be inclined to chase it just to get it sorted and stop them claiming you are still with them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room