We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scottish Power customers Take Note!

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Glad i am not with them! but in the same breathe other companies will follow suit but for now we are safe, Interesting story i was ready yesterday and if i find the link il post it,

About WHY when the price of a barrel of oil goes down is it that the price of petrol still stays high in the forecourts? and why does the energy companies keep their prices high when there is a window open for them to reduce them?

In fact the price of energy in the uk is becoming daylight robbery but we cant do a lot to stop them?

Scottish power customers are soon to be hit with a Massive 19% increase on gas and 10% on electricity!! Thats a very large increase to take in one go so if you use SP for your gas and electricity you will be getting a 28% increase overall?

READ HERE

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have been with SP for a good few years, just tried a venture out for about 9 to ten months to Southern Electric, What a Mess and cost me a arm and a Leg. could not wait to get back to SP, have been paying £70 a month Dual Fuel DD, Phoned this afternoon took a long while to get through but Went onto there Platinum service cost £10 more so its gone up to £80 month and my house is 80Ft long 200 years old solid walls, this is a big old house. The above new Tariff Service covers Boiler Cover any number of call outs, plus yearly check and Updated Prices till Jan 2014

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The above is a Fixed Price tariff

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I went on to their Dec2012 tarrif 6 months ago just prior to the previous increse as my old tarrif was about to run out. What annoys me is i cannot take advantage of dual fuel tarrifs as I do not have access to gas and have to rely on oil for heating and of course the retail price of oil never comes down in price. At least I am Ok for the next 18 months but will see a big hike when my tarrif period expires.

Like this post
gaslamp

Likes # 0

Its time the Government did something about energy prices. We cannot go on paying ever more and more it has to stop somewhere. Everything is slowly grinding to a halt, food prices, petrol/diesel. Are we prepared to pay pay and pay ever more and more? If so how do we pay for everything?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

What gets me about this as I have just got Price list from them on usage it its the Poorest Hardest hit. As first so many units are the dearest after you have payed for them the price drops. Not much good if you are poor and cannot afford a lot of Gas or Electric.

This is not me, but I feel sorry for those already on the Breadline

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Looks like B.Gas are preparing for a large hike. EDf have announced price rises from August.

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

Grey Goo, "Looks like B.Gas are preparing for a large hike"

I'm with British Gas and have just signed up to their Websaver 12 online tariff as the Websaver 7 online tariff that I'm currently on expires on July 1st and after this date I would go back on to the standard tariff which is more expensive.

I could switch to the British Gas fixed tariff to help insulate me from future energy price rises but this particular tariff seems expensive (over 20% higher than the Websaver 12 tariff that I've signed up to) and surely British Gas would have to hike energy prices quite steeply for me to actually save money on this particular tariff !

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

The percentage will vary with the ratio of gas to electric, thats why no one can give an estimate of the increase - it will vary between customers.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I'm with Scottish Power and have just been advised of the following increases from August 1st

Gas initial units +45%

Secondary units +28%

Elect initial units +30%

Day units +24%

Night units +35%

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

Oresome, time to move from Scottish Power ?

Having said this is there really any point as the main 6 energy companies are bound to raise their prices to much the same level over the next few months.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...