We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scottish Power customers Take Note!

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Glad i am not with them! but in the same breathe other companies will follow suit but for now we are safe, Interesting story i was ready yesterday and if i find the link il post it,

About WHY when the price of a barrel of oil goes down is it that the price of petrol still stays high in the forecourts? and why does the energy companies keep their prices high when there is a window open for them to reduce them?

In fact the price of energy in the uk is becoming daylight robbery but we cant do a lot to stop them?

Scottish power customers are soon to be hit with a Massive 19% increase on gas and 10% on electricity!! Thats a very large increase to take in one go so if you use SP for your gas and electricity you will be getting a 28% increase overall?

READ HERE

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

I think your calculations are a bit out.

A 19% increase in one and a 10% increase in the other can never exceed the highest. ie 19% is the max overall.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Great minds think alike........it's just that some are two minutes quicker than others!!

**(;-)**

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

i stand corrected guys! its still a hefty increase just the same eh..

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

autoschediastic

Not quite sure why you have such a 'down' on the one company, Scottish Power, just because they are the first to announce. Rest assured all the others will be following.

My own experience with SP has been good, both with their tariffs and their cost for supply of electricity to a new rural house. By comparison, Scottish Water were a nightmare to deal with. Only personal views, of course.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If a customer gets both gas and electric from SP:

Would anyone care to explain how you get the increases to less than 29% more to pay, please?

Like this post
iambeavis

Likes # 0

lotvic Old price for gas - £100 New price - £119

Old price for Electricity - £100 New price - £110

Overall old price - £200 Overall new price - £229

£29 = 14.5% of£200

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

iambeavis Yep, that's how I did it too. 19+10=29 so 29/2=14.5%

I just wondered why t'others hadn't given an exact percentage for customers who got both gas and electric from SP.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Depends on how your usage ratios are.

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

Grey Goo

Exactly. I've been with SP for a good few years now, they were one of the cheapest, which is why I joined them initially from British Gas, but after already getting a 10% hike (Approx, I forget exactly) earlier this year, this further one has seen me switch. My monthly bill with SP for gas and electricity combined, was around £95/mth a year or so ago, I'm currently at £125/mth after the earlier hike, and this hike would take me to around £140/mth based on my usage mix of gas to electricity. I've just switched to a fixed tariff which should take me back down to about £107 or so. At least, I hope I've switched, only did it this morning, so not as yet confirmed from the new supplier (EDF).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing