We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice buying a new laptop please!! Need a dedicated graphics card...

Jadeaimee

Likes # 0

Hi, I recently bought a dell inspiron 15r for £450 from saveonlaptops.com which was a fairly good machine, but a family member broke it! They have offered to buy a replacement but I am struggling to find one with the specs I need for a similar price.. The dell now seems to be sold out everywhere & those that I have found have reviews that are not great! I am looking to spend a maximum of £550 I am a graphic designer so I use alot of design software like illustrator & photoshop which is why I want a dedicated graphics card.

These are the specs I need....

At least 1gb dedicated graphics card

At least 4gb of ram

Preferably more than 2usb ports

Integrated webcam & speakers

Running windows 7

Built in wireless

Cd & DVD rewriter

If anyone has any recommendations for me it would be a great help!

Thank you

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

How about this one from ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/product/265605 ?

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Does this one look OK? Laptop with Win 7 pro £570 with Win 7 Home premium £540

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...