We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mesh computers in Administration, what are my rights as a customer??

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. I just found out this morning, about an hour ago, that Mesh computers has gone into administration. I've recently purchased a desktop Pc from them, and it was on a finance agreement, as I paid the deposti of £70. I've had the desktop for about 3 weeks now, and it works ok.....as the PC was purchased on a finace agreement, I have until April 25th of next year to pay off the balance of around £550 which is left to pay off, or I have tp pay about £25 per montn for the next 4 years to pay it all off. I just wanted to find out where I stand now please??

Do i just make sure that ive paid off the balance as agreed before April 25 of next year....or will MESH contact me shortly asking me to pay up now please?? The finace agreement is not through Mesh, its throgh another finance company. many thanks Jules

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Your contract is with a finance company and not Mesh so clearly you are bound by the existing terms of that contract and, in my opinion, the demise of Mesh is irrelevant.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

See this http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/tech-industry/3283309/mesh-in-administration-the-administrators-statement-in-full/

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I knew it! Davy leaving was the last indication if any more were needed!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

julias44

If you check the thread by Doom and Gloom, I posted a response to your 10.30am question at 11.33am, having not noticed this posting.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

many thanks...everyone keeps mentioning someone called "Davy" leaving mesh computers. Please who is Davy??? He seems to be very important, lol!!!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

julius44

Probably just another worker but one that gave that extra inch trying to get customer problems resolved with mesh.

When nobody else cared he did and did his best for the customers.

Unfortunately the writing was on the wall for the last few years with the amount of unhappy customers about.

Unfortunately it has led to this happening so a bad day for Mesh customers and it's employees.

Like this post
caps5

Likes # 0

dont feel to sorry for the staff of mesh computers!! they are still trading and employed. they are just run by a different company (PC Peripherals). go top their website, still able to buy, call their phone number, you can order a computer there too. the people who deserve your sympathy are the poor sods who have spent 1000s on a new computer in the last few months!

Like this post

Likes # 0

At this stage there seems nothing on the web site to indicate bwho you will be buying from and recent experience indicates many have mega delays and some have not received at all

The advice must be to wait

Whoever you buy from ALWAYS pay by credit card

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Whoever you buy from ALWAYS pay by credit card"

You are also protected if you use a debit card.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

stIt's all my faultrong text

Over the years we have had computers from,Time,Panrix,Multivision and Mesh amongst others. All gone to the wall.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more