We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where to get new mp3 music from?

johnnyolsen

Likes # 0

I am getting a bit tired of listening to the same mp3 music I've got onto my computer and I think I need to find some fresh new mp3 songs or maybe even discover some new music genres.

So I'm just wondering, where do you guys usually prefer to go online to get and download mp3 music songs?

Any interesting new mp3 music downloads ideas or tips I have missed until now?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

There are so many to choose from, it would help if you said what type and era you were interested in and if you mean for free or to buy.

Youtube maybe?

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Spotify. Download the client, sign up for a free account and (I think it's still) 20 free hours per month with just about anything on there, all tagged so hitting a tag could take you to other similar music you're not come across before.

Admittedly 20 hours isn't a lot but you could subscribe.

Like this post
johnnyolsen

Likes # 0

@lotvic

My bad that didn't mention what kind of mp3 music downloads I want.

The truth is that anything goes, except rock and hardcore and something like that, because I am looking into discovering any new kinds of music. Suppose it does not matter, I am also willing to pay for downloading mp3 music songs if I find a good deal.

@Covergirl

Thanks for the Spotify tip, didn't hear of that one.

Is is that kid of music streaming service exclusively online or do they also let you download mp3 songs?

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Last.fm may be worth a try too. As for purchasing music, I personally use Amazon.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 1

Audials 8 is a modestly priced software that records from thousands of FM radio stations. You can edit, fade etc and specift the genre, artist or track. You have to leave it running in the background and obscure music is unlikely to be on air much

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

My daughter uses Amazon they seem to cover just about anything.

Like this post
frasiersdog

Likes # 0

Agreeed, web streaming radios are actually a good source of mp3 music, there are tons of web radios round the internet that play music from various genres and it's practically quite impossible not to find at list a dozen of radios that play your favorite music.

Anyhow, you know, Audials is indeed also a pretty good solution to the problem, I also use this one to record and save mp3 music from web radios.

Has a huge database of web radios from any genre possible plus the recorded music is saved as individual mp3 tracks, so there's not much editing you need to do before using the music you record from web radios with Audials on multimedia devices or computer or whatever other devices.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Atube catcher is a fantastic open source piece of kit that downloads videos from YouTube and converts to the required format. It supports hundreds of video sites. It also can convert music/video for you, and it does not stop there, you can also video record what you do on your screen so now you can show people how to do something by using video tutorials designed by yourself.

Also it can search songs for you by album, song, artist, etc

It is available for windows xp upwards and alot of places highly recommend it over all of the other open source and payfor alternatives.

It is so simple. Enter ther video webpage link, choose save location and choose from a huge variety of formats.

Formats even for DS, Wii, PSP, Xbox, iPod, etc so does not even have to be for just your Pc or music device.

The only let down is that it is not available for Mac OSX or Linux even though it is open source.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

JWARN The software you mention appears to be full of malware,the music downloads surely are illegal?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added