We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying 'pre-Ribbon' version of Office

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is it easy to buy a pre-2007 version of M$ Office Pro.

I have just had the experience of working with 2007 ~ it does not do anything that I need and the Ribbon takes too much if you only have a small screen to work with.

I may go to Open Office with a Stand-alone Copy of Outlook as I don't need 80% of the features.

Or, whatever the Final iteration of Office, pre-2007, is.

Any ideas, or advice, gratefully considered.

Like this post
100andthirty

Likes # 0

Office 2003 was the last version pre-ribbon.

this page showed numerous choices:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nbsbnoss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=office+2003

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 1

Perhaps nothing to do with the original request, but you could see if LibreOffice 3.3 (free download) is any good for the purpose?.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I have heard that there is a small programme that will remove the hated ribbon interface and replace it with the old menu type system.

Where it is and what it's called, I'm afraid I don't know. I've been meaning to get it for ages but never got round to doing so.

Like this post  
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If the ribbon takes up too much room. Right click on the ribon and sellect minimize the ribbon, this will hide the ribbon and will only show when you click on one of the tab names.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I will look for this. If anyone knows where to find it, please post a link.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...