We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new Custom PC

macbridge

Likes # 0

Im about to buy a new custom gaming PC and found what looks like a decent site Build Your Box anyway ive put eveything together but need a reccomendations on the processor AMD or Intel? sandybridge or bloomfield? my budget is £1300 so any of these options are possible.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

For that kind of money I would be looking for a Intel Core i5 2500K or i7 2600K

Does the company you have choosen come recommended? Look for reviews before you part with your well earned £1300

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Can't see any reviews for this company though their website looks good and they do give contact details. Might be worth looking them up at Company's House - if they're new that could explain the lack of reviews - they could be very good (or bad) but not had a chance to build a reputation. I'd at least give them a ring and have a chat before making any decisions.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

Give Chillblast a ring - they built me a custom machine and it is still 18 months later playing Crisis & Crysis 2 .... they seem to have a good knowledgable team and a good build quality.

http://www.chillblast.com/home.php

Can i also say I am not affliated or linked in any commercial way with Chillblast - I am just an impressed customer

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...