We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop Batteries - Warning

Stewartformby

Likes # 0

I have been reading your magazine since issue No. 1.

I ordered a replacement battery for my laptop online from "replacement-laptop-battery.co.uk" at a cost of £60.57 paid on my Mastercard on 11/12/2010.

Unfortunatly, I did not notice that there was no address shown on the webpage.

When the battery arrived it was the wrong size and would not fit my laptop.

I emailed the company and was told to return it to China when the correct battery would be sent out. I did this at a cost of £7.97 on 13/01/2011.

When the second battery arrived it fitted but I could not open the lid/screen of the laptop.

I emailed the company again and was told to return it to China and I would be given a refund. This I did on 28/03/2011. The company involved now claim I damaged the battery but as was unable to open the lid/screen of my laptop I was unable to reach the on/off button to swiutch it on.

I have been trying since to obtain a refund of my total outlay of £76.51. I have now receives a refund of only £49.36.

Somehow "Paypal" have become involved and to begin with then sent me emails in Chinese !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......