We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ebay ripped off...

Portal11

Likes # 0

Hi everyone, on the 20th of may this year (2011) or four days ago i bought some DDR3 RAM off a young lad in the uk, i paid within ten minutes and knew i had bought a bargain they retail at around £100 and bought them on a Auction for £23 which included delivery, having waited three days i had no reply from the ebayer and nothing arrived?

so i again emailed them via ebay and still got nothing so i looked at their feedback and noticed they had only sold 88 items and was on 92.2% positive which isnt good for such a small amount of transactions, to my horror i also noted that they had done similar things to other members he had sold things that wasnt what he said and also sold something and never sent it!

so i requested Ebay send me his details so i can contact him and he has since changed his number Pfffff

just after i requested his details i had an email from him saying he had in fact sold the RAM to his mate!! Grrr and would give me a refund he said he was sorry and told me to have "Some compassion" as he put it! "how dare he!" so now ive not had no refund he's not returning my emails nothing! ive been to ebay and yet again they have TOTALY let me down they are stating the transaction hasnt been active long enough to file a complaint against him (i believe he is going to close his account down) and paypal wont cancel the transaction cause they state its now "Complete" so where do i stand has anyone any idea? i remember speaking to them on live chat a year ago but its stating its not available? only on Pacific time's only? can anyone PLEASE help! thanks

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

To get result from eBay, be it complaints etc', you got to follow their procedure. Otherwise you'll go round in circles. Have always had mine resolved by doing this, so far. Touch wood.

Like this post
Portal11

Likes # 0

Rick thanks! yeah i got a refund today BUT he had the cheek to go via ebay and ask for me to change my feedback i left him from negative to positive! you can imagine my reply! lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014