We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BenQ - Worlds Worst Support

Benny1909

Likes # 0

Basicly i bought a new monitor from them. Very good to start then it broke. I was covered by warrenty to i requested a repair. They said a new monitor would arrive in 3 days for a one-on-one swap. I was fine with that. 3 Days passed and no monitor. I contacted them and they said oh sorry, well send a new one out. Once again it didnt arrive, This repeated for about 2 months and not they are ignoring all my support, no response to emails and phone calls bring nothing up. So yhea, if you do buy them try get a shops warrenty. Not manufacture.

On a side note am i able to go to trading standards about this and what can i do?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you get a shops warranty, then it is very likely that the shop will deal with the manufacturer on an item like a monitor.

Under UK consumer law, your claim is with the retailer who you bought the item from, the manufacturer's warranty is an additional goodwill gesture.

You could contact Consumer Direct for further advice www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

Like this post

Likes # 0

I think you must just accept that all this stuff is made outside the UK and you need to get on to the retailer

The great majority works, but if it doesn't you need to go to get a replacement from the guy you bought it from because folk like BenQ just don't have a presence or the staff to sort a problem

We are just a little cog in a big wheel

Stick it back to the retailer

Like this post
Benny1909

Likes # 0

Ive contacted the seller about if they do offer a warrenty outside of their 28 days of purchase (Overclockers UK) But i was wondering if i can do anything against BenQ because they basicly told me to shuv it.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I think that there is more to this than first meets the eye.

Like this post
Benny1909

Likes # 0

Ive got all records of emails, basically to make a long story short. I requested a warranty repair, replacement monitor never arrived and i'm not getting any response from BenQ anymore.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Ive contacted the seller about if they do offer a warranty outside of their 28 days of purchase".

Can you explain that further, was the monitor new, and sold as a normal retail sale?.

If so, then the retailer is responsible for the first 6 months, in which to prove the item is of 'satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose'. After the first 6 months, its for you to prove the item is 'not fit for the purpose and is of unsatisfactory quality'. It as nothing to do with the manufacturer. Your purchase was from a retailer (you have mentioned Overclockers UK!), and not direct from the manufacturer.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Your contract was with the supplier, not with the manufacturer. By approaching the manufacturer directly you are relying on its goodwill - technically Benq's legal obligation is to the retailer, and not to you.

A manufacturer's warranty is in addition to your rights under consumer law.

Forget about any retailer's warranty, and rely instead on the relevant consumer legislation. You don't say when you bought the monitor, but if it was within the last six months you have a right to require the retailer to rectify the matter, either by replacing the monitor, or repairing it. Retailers are not commonly equipped to repair monitors, and will often refer you to the manufacturer to save time. If that has happened, and you can't get satisfaction you are entitled to go back to the retailer and insist that they rectify matters, as the manufacturer has failed to do so.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund