We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sony KV-28LS60U

mh84

Likes # 0

Now sure if this is the right forum for this question...sorry if its not, but Ill ask anyway! Please direct me to the right place if not?

I have a Sony TV with the above model number. There seems to be a problem with the screen. When I turn it on, the picture takes an unusually long time to come up. When it does finally come on, it is slightly off colour (i.e has a slighlty greeny/yellowy tint to it)

Ive spoken to a Sony service centre nearby who say it sounds like a problem with the LCD screen, but they cannot give an estimate of the cost to repair. They also want about £110 just to look at it and confirm what the problem is. (But They will deduct this if they fix the TV)

Im wondering if its worth getting it fixed, or if its time to upgrade to a new flat TV? Anyone have any idea of a rough cost for the LCD Screen?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

According to the manual this is not an LCD TV but an old CRT one. So the Sony Service Centre are not correct with their diagnosis. It is not worth getting it fixed, it is time to upgrade.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers