We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where to buy a new Asus Laptop Screen

Audio~~Chip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello My Asus Laptop is in dire need for a new screen its a X58L series with a 15.4" TFT screen.

Does anyone have any known safe online source where I can get a new screen for this laptop please. I currently have the laptop tft panel dismantled down to the inner screen. Seems to have a bad reaction to pressure on the side left as well as faint lines which destort the picture

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Going into more detail about the problem with my laptop screen. when swicthed on if I hold the screen lid part on the upper left quarter to adjust angle of the screen the screen will go off.

I can see faint very thin lines when it is on. I have ganed access to the internal screen and can now see behind it. It looks like a metal frame with a white backing and a few wires going into the back.

What I am trying to find out is it a new screen or a back light I need and ideally where can I get the parts for this laptop please

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I suggest you return it to Acer fgor repair. If you ring these people Acer Warranty Account, InfoTeam, Unit M, Eagle Road, Plympton, PL7 5JY por check out Acer's site, that should give you possibly a better address

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 1

I've used this Manchester based supplier- click here

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

HondaMan, the laptop is an Asus not an Acer

If the screen is operating normally but only goes off when you move the lid to a certain angle it sounds more like a bad connection rather than a problem with the screen, the backlight or the inverter. If you are not confident about taking the machine apart yourself then I would find a local computer repair shop, explain the fault to them and ask for a quote.

Like this post  
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello onthelimit1 & chub_tor didn't known about my replies with the website changing. Does help if I select replies!

I have found Accupart in Manchester just beating LaptopScreens online price but only by a couple of quid. HondaMan its a ASUS not a ACER ! easily to confuse.

So far Accupart from Man seem ok, on admin just wait till tomorrow for delivery by Fedex to see if it arrvives in one and fully working.

Thank you all for calling, sorry for late reply.

How am I suppose to Close my Thread Please ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...