We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are you thinking of buying an external hard drive?

Sapins

Likes # 0

If so wait a couple of weeks, I have just taken delivery of one and it is guaranteed that within weeks the price will have dropped dramatically or the spec will have improved out of all recognition.

Like this post
Toneman

Likes # 0

But is it small, portable, USB driven? That's what I would want...

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

It is small and portable with a 1T capacity and has USB 3.0 and Usb 2.0.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"It is small and portable with a 1T capacity and has USB 3.0 and Usb 2.0"

But where and what is it?

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

It's a Western Digital My Passport Essential SE, bought from Amazon and delivered in three day's!

I have chosen the Electric Blue Version, it matches my Transparent Tower case with it's Ultra Violet lights.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Let's hope they're good

I just ordered one for myself -same colour as yours.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

how much were they

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passport-Essential-Metallic-Portable-Drive/dp/B00466IEWA/ref=sr113?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1304579061&sr=1-13

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

sapins

thanks for the link looks verygood saw the videos

got two questions

could it clone the C partition of my pc in case i need to restore the complete windows set up. if so could i clone both my laptop and desktop to the one external drive if case either one ever fails. the video tutorials only showed a general back up of folders not partitions or windows.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

I bought a 1TB Buffalo Just Store external HDD from Overclockers.co.uk the other week for £50. It’s out of stock now but it’s the same as the link. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176613 As you can see it is available slightly cheaper elsewhere but as I live quite close to them and I was able to collect it and the postage costs negated the difference.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone