We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

samsung warranty

inapot69
Resolved

Likes # 0

in Nov 10 i bought a Samsung galaxy Spica while on holiday in Thailand, it was from a large reputable department store..not off a market stall somewhere.. when i got home i found it will not transfer data, pics, music or anything to and from my PC. i contacted Samsung as it was still in warranty in March...only to be told that Samsung UK will not honor warranties on mobiles brought abroad,they in turn gave me the link to Samsung Thailand, who said i must take it to the Samsung in my country of residence...this has gone on for weeks...no one will honor the warranty...it does not state anywhere in the warranty or on the packaging that it will not be covered if taken from country of purchase... i thought a global company like Samsung would cover its product "globally" sadly this is wrong... so i urge everyone to avoid buying samsung electronic products on holiday,,,when they get home, the warranties are not worth the paper they are written on... i will never be buying a Samsung product again i have even requested the contact details of the head of Samsung customer services so i can point out to him directly, that each branch of their company is treating their customers, worldwide with contempt...and guess what ...i am still waiting for an answer

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Sadly your rights are limited. In the UK to the seller is responsible not the manufacturer. Samsung are quite correct in your case, this is the problem with buying outside the EEC.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is not just Samsung eg a Nikon camera bought in the USA doesn't have the same warranty as in UK. It could be repaired free if sent to the USA.

Are you using the Kies software?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

inapot69: Unless you took out a World-Wide Warranty Insurance Policy, every Manufacturer would tell you the same thing. Your beef is with the Seller not the Manufacturer.

Like this post
Rayuk

Likes # 0

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/warrantyInformation.do?page=POLICY.WARRANTY

Mentions near the bottom that if bought outside of Europe a repair may be possible but not guaranteed.Point them to this link if need be.

Like this post  
inapot69

Likes # 0

thanks for all ur advice and explanations. still think its wrong and petty though. Oh, Rayuk, thanks, have sent them another e-mail pointing that point out, fingers crossed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite