We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Antivirus House.com Service (?)

250diesel

Likes # 0

There is a link on this site to Antivirus House for buying (obviously) security software. Beware of this company! On 22nd I ordered Norton Internet Security from them. My order was acknowledged and card debited immediately. Since then and despite 8 emails, giving all details of my order and their acknowledgement, I have heard nothing.

Absolutely atrocious!

250 diesel

Like this post
KevinJS

Likes # 0

I tried to get Norton to flag the site as fraudulent, and seeing as its their stolen software being sold I thought they'd do it.

It was like banging my head against a brick wall.

I have just reported it to the Met Police and would urge everyone else to do the same.

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

@ Andrew_R

Sorry Andrew but I deleted the email long ago but David Rowland was definitely the name on it. There was no indication of their (true) location. Although the email address and the web address seem to imply that they are a UK company, from the way the email was worded I got the impression that they aren't. They (eventually) refunded my money and offered me a free download of either Norton or Kaspersky Internet Security Suite. As I had already purchase Norton from a retail store - at a price cheaper than AntiVirus House - I accepted Kaspersky. As I had Norton already on my system I didn't install Kaspinsky but gave it and its activation number to a friend. I haven't yet hear that Kaspersky has been rejected but after reading recent postings I am expecting to any day. As Google are not a UK company, I think that unfortunately they are not covered by the Advertising Agency regulations regards a 'duty of responsibility' to customers who purchase based on their ads. I was going to do a search for AntiVirus House at Companies House (where UK companies are supposed to be registered) but as it costs I didn't. Perhaps some member who through business has access to Companies House, or PC Advisor as a service to their readers, could run a check.

Regards 250diesel.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We'll have no further allegations about named individuals being crooks, and references to paying people a visit, thank you.

Any such posts will be deleted without reference to the person who makes them.

Like this post
Windhorse

Likes # 0

Update, AntiVirus House, gave me my money back when I explained to them that Norton told me the key was stolen. They said that they had made an error in typing the key in my email. They had been very slow answering my e-mails, therefore I didn't want to discuss any other solution then having the money back. As for the weird way of how the payment went (not visible in my PayPal account and still it says on my credit card that the payment went through Paypal) Nor Visa, nor Paypal take it very seriously, so that makes me a little unhappy, but is an entirely different discussion then the current one. Regards, Windhorse

Like this post
SANAP

Likes # 0

Many thanks for this useful post, just a shame I did not do a proper search BEFORE I signed up with that crowd, I was done the same way but smelt a rat when Paypal said I had paid them and they said awaiting payment!! I emailed paypal and complained and emailed that co. I got reply with my license key in the early morning and in the email it said " When you register for norton security it may say trial for 30 days or 90 days!! "

Just right, I wait for 90 days and I am outside paypals warranty.

Now got an email from paypal saying I have been refunded my £39.98.

I am soooo so glad I checked on here quickly.

SANAP

Like this post
parters

Likes # 0

Ordered Norton Security, successfully downloaded it but seem to be 50 days short of a year. Emailed them but guess what? No reply. More fool me for ordering from a company with no email address, postal address or telephone number on show. Never again!!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more