We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Antivirus House.com Service (?)

250diesel

Likes # 0

There is a link on this site to Antivirus House for buying (obviously) security software. Beware of this company! On 22nd I ordered Norton Internet Security from them. My order was acknowledged and card debited immediately. Since then and despite 8 emails, giving all details of my order and their acknowledgement, I have heard nothing.

Absolutely atrocious!

250 diesel

Like this post
dissapointed

Likes # 0

Sorry to hear that your complaint has not been resolved.

My follow on question is how do we know that any software we download is genuine?

Well as I said before using a pre-pay card like 3v is the solution. I just pop into my local shop hand over the cash and my card is topped up I come home get my confirming info via email then immediately make my purchase online . Any scammers are welcome to try defraud me of the residue euro or two.

One should always assume that nothing on a compter is confidential.

We wait for an update from you. regards curious

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

UPDATE

Despite having ordered this item for digital download on 22/04 and after numerous emails, including one on 30/04 cancelling the order and requesting any payment taken to be refunded I have still heard NOTHING.

Yesterday I found out that cash had been deducted from my card on 27/04 but nothing creditted back.

As payment was handled on behalf of Antivirus House by PayPal I decided to pursue the matter through their complaints procedure.
It appears that from all the action they will undertake direct - ziltch- for the purchaser they are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

250 diesel.

Like this post
YonsMaz

Likes # 0

I'm having exactly the same problem as this. They took my money effortlessly and sent me an email saying my download link would follow. NUFFIN!!

I tried their Live Chat but was told by the 'chatterer' that i'd got the wrong company as they dealt with website-download technical issues or something like that. Bad, bad sign!!

I tried their 'leave a message' option and did actually get a response telling me i could log onto their 'Support' site and get my issue sorted. I did so and then logged a ticket - all very encouraging - but i'm still waiting for my case to be allocated to someone after 12 hours!

I'm pretty certain they are a set of scamming loosers as their website looks pretty professional yet their service is non-existent.

I am refraining from telling them in no uncertain terms what a set of s**t-heads they are as it would really be worth the £30 i spent - but am foolishly holding back for the ever-thinning possibility that i've just caught them on a bad day.

Ummmm....... maybe i'm the jack-ass....

Younis (Liverpool, UK)

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

Hi YonsMaz

Don't give up - keep pestering and pestering and pestering!!!!!

After one week short of a month, many messages and lots of aggrevation this morning I received this message (copied and pasted direct)

"Sorry for the late reply and delay. It seems that Our ticketing system - Kayako have mistakenly labelled your email address as Spam. We are sorry for this mistake. We have issued you a Full Refund. For this mistake on our part, we are pleased to offer you either a Free Norton Internet Security 2011 OR a Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. Please let me know your choice of product.

Thank you!

David Rowland"

Whether this is a genuine reason or an excuse because of all the bad press I've been giving them I don't know but if it is genuine and other mail is being seen as spam it could account for the delay others have been suffering.

For me this is a win/win situation, I win because they have refunded my money, I win because I have already bought Norton Internet Security Suite for £5 cheaper than they are offering it - Norton Direct are selling it at £25.

I shall take them up on their offer of Kaspersky, although I don't need it, just to make them 'pay' for all the hassle they've given me. 250 deisel.

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

Final Update

Well what a difference in service.

With in 2 minutes of answering their email and accepting the offer of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 for free I received a download link, full installation instructions and the product key.

So it does pay to be a 'pain in the neck' when it's needed.

Hope that this gives those still waiting the encouragement to persevere in their pursuit of satisfaction.

250 diesel

Like this post
YonsMaz

Likes # 0

Hi 250Diesel,

WOW!! Really glad you got sorted mate.

It's like they just woke up all of a sudden and realised their ship was sinking!! ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!

I got an email this morning apologising for the mistake and with the download link and activation code included. I must admit i was very dubious about it and assumed it was just another delaying tactic! I'm really pleased to say that it all worked perfectly and i've now installed my AV on 3 machines which is exaclty what i paid for.

It's a real pity they gave me so much frustration along the way as i'm quite happy with what i've got now. It sounds to me like a seriously PR-costly technical issue which has now been resolved. Or a sudden change in management! They've asked me to provide them with feedback which is surprisingly good. Hopefully - now that i've calmed down - i'll be able to tell them politley and constructively how i think they can improve!

Hope everyone else suffering gets sorted quickly.

Younis

Like this post
Windhorse

Likes # 0

Glad for you guys that your problems have been solved. Had the same thing happening, bought Norton 360 and the code was invalid. No replies whatsoever from them on tickets OR emails. Contacted Norton and was told that the code was illegal (stolen) and therefore disabled. Again tried to contact AntiVirusHouse , no answer. Trying to get my money back I contacted PayPal, and then it got worrying: the confirmation e-mail from Paypal was not recognized by Paypal!! It seemed a fake. However my credit card company did take the money from my account, so I warned them as well. Paypal AND Visa will look into this matter, they would like to know for sure whether this is a fraud or not! (and so would I). So be warned about this company everybody: AntiVirusHouse might be a scam. If they resolve this matter, I will of course post that here as well. Windhorse

Like this post
Andrew_R

Likes # 0

On Friday 10 june I purchased the Norton 360 v5 software and have received nothing. My credit card has been debited and although I have written several emails to AntiVirusHouse using their contact details, and Paypal too, I have YET to receive a reply from either company.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CLEARLY THEIVES AND FRAUDS.

I am not resident in the UK but I will do everything I can to raise this fraud and theft with the relevant UK authorities - including the police. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Like this post
charlie5159

Likes # 0

I find this all very strange, I purchased my version of Norton 360 v4.0 from AntiVirusHouse.com in December and had no problems at all with the initial purchase and download.

However, today I have just updated my software and got the message Revoked Product Key, after contacting Norton it seems this product key has been cancelled due to Fraudulent use.

They have advised me to contact the seller of the software which I have done so we'll see what happens there but effectively my 2 year subscription which I purchased has been cancelled.

After looking through this whole forum string it seems amazing to me that this company is still trading which after going on its website today it clearly is.

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

Just to come back in on this thread which I started.

I feel, although I've no idea how to do it, that Google should be made aware of all the problems being experienced from a company whose ads they are carrying. They should surely carry some responsible for checking the credentials of advertisers.

@ Windhorse:
Did you get any feed back from Paypal or Visa?

250diesel

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes