We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Antivirus House.com Service (?)

250diesel

Likes # 0

There is a link on this site to Antivirus House for buying (obviously) security software. Beware of this company! On 22nd I ordered Norton Internet Security from them. My order was acknowledged and card debited immediately. Since then and despite 8 emails, giving all details of my order and their acknowledgement, I have heard nothing.

Absolutely atrocious!

250 diesel

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch

From Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Have you tried their dedicated support site? You'll find it if you click here

Like this post
mikef.

Likes # 0

Not a UK company by the look of it, despite the name, no contact details which would be suspicious to me immediately as this is a legal requirement for UK companies, US based website http://antivirushouse.com.w3spy.net/

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

When you placed your order, did they tell you how long delivery would be? You ordered it on a bank holiday so they probably wouldn’t have dispatched it until the following Tuesday. There were no postal deliveries yesterday due to the Royal Wedding, so maybe it will arrive next week. Though I do take your point about no response to your e-mails.

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

Forum Editor Yes tried their support site - no help

mikef I agree that it doesn't comply with the UK law re contact details and this did make me a bit dubious but I assumed that as the link was from PC Advisors download page it would be a reputable company. Maybe mistakenly I thought that PC Advisors would 'vet' companies they give links to. I have writen to them to see if they do vet companies they put on their web site.

Colin There was no delivery involved. It was an online download once payment had been accepted, which was done immediately. Automated acknowledgement stated "download link & instructions to follow" - they didn't. These were what my emails were requesting.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

Have you checked your junk mail folder? It's possible that the emails have been classed as spam by either your ISP or your email client.

Like this post
250diesel

Likes # 0

Hi beynac

Yes done that, several times, both in my client and on ISP web mail.

Thanks for suggestion.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Wot gives the website a poor rating.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We're looking into this, but it's fair to say that we'll not have any information until after the bank holiday weekend.

Please hang on until then, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Can you help me out here

where is the link that you used from our site?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...