We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT line rental question

charlton200

Likes # 0

If I change broadband/phone provider, what happens to the BT line rental I have with BT at present? I see Talk talk and sky and perhaps others take over the line rental. If you let someone else handle the line rental than what happens if I want to change providers in the future, concerning the line rental?

Thanks

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

961, you make it sound as if line problems are a daily occurrence in your part of the world. I've had one minor problem, noise on the line affecting BB speed, in 21 years. Changing supplier a couple of months ago, away from BT, is now saving me over £15-00 pm on line rental and BB. And the package includes any time calls. It obviously does require some thought before changing. The savings can be well worth having and the money is better in my pocket than BT's or anyone else's.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Beeuuem

Line outages are a regular twice yearly event here via a 6km line from the local exchange which is why I say that in such circumstances the saving by switching away from BT line rental is not worth the hassle to get the line fixed if you have to go through a third party and wait for them to contact the BT engineers

But for many in town and on short lines this factor can be ignored

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

961 Under your circumstances I'd agree that life will be much easier dealing with BT directly. Some of us don't know how fortunate we are. Telephone and electricity cuts are very rare in my part of the world. I hope that isn't tempting fate!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks