We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which Mono Laser Printer

Cara2

Likes # 0

In addition to a new PC, we need a Mono Laser Printer also. We would like to print wirelessly. It is for small office use, printing off invoices in the main.

Does anybody use one which they really like and would recommend. So many pros and cons the ones I have read about.

Thanks Cara

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I like the Brother range, they are well built (heavy) and this makes them farly quiet. We have several of them at work which we use for general printing and the postroom use one for printing the postal documents and copy invoices for parcels. We also have a Brother fax machine/copier.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have just installed a Samsung CLP 325 ~ I know that it's Colour and you said Mono but it adds a certain something to occasionally be able to highlight in Red (Late Payment reminders etc). Mine's wired but they do a Wireless version for an extra £10'er. It's quiet, neat and quick, the Paper tray's covered and the print quality's much better than an Inkjet.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I use both Brother and Samsung, which are both superb machines, but alas not wireless. What I would suggest is that whatever you choose and before making final purchase, check the availability and prices of toners, which can be very expensive. You can refill your own, which makes things much cheaper, but it can be messy if you do not know what you are doing.

Warranties are another thing to consider, some lasers have 1 year others have 3 years. When I bought the Brother, it came with a 1 year warranty, but this was extended to 3 years for free by Brother on registration.

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Check Here for toner prices.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks for all your replies. I liked the look of the Samsung, however we don't want to get caught in the trap of having to buy colour refills.

I think we are going for the HP LaserJet P1102W from Amazon at £89.

Not quite got to the checkout yet though!

Thanks everybody.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Checkout this

link text

Like this post
colm21

Likes # 0

I would suggest Brother or OKI for an office environment.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks for all your replies.

In the end (I think mainly because we are getting an HP PC and I thought it might do the wireless bit without too much hassle), I ordered an HP Laser Printer which arrived today from Amazon - very promptly I might add.

Hope I have made the choice. Time will tell.

You are all such a helpful bunch here - thanks!

Cara

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Morgan Computers are offering a Samsung ML 1860 Mono for £30 - Cheap enough?

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6581

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia