We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC world and DHL

joybobin

Likes # 0

Last week (10/04/2011) I bought a laptop online from PC World. As in the website, I opt for a standard delivery within 3 working days. As agreed, they delivered the item to someone else in the area who did not know me or even I do not know them. I talk to one of the PC World showroom in Cambridge, they said they have no responsibility about what is happening through internet purchase except one guy who understood my pain and value of money agreed to investigate on the next working day (thanks and really looking forward your reply). Also they gave me a 0844 number of DHL which is chargeable (I don't understand why should I call ---but still I called them because I am the needy). They replied that they have no responsibility and advised me to contact PC World. Then I called back to PC world (which is also 0844 number) and they spent lot of time and promised me to investigate the issue. Hopefully I am waiting for the delivery... IS THERE ANYONE HAD THIS ISSUES BEFORE???

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I think that its up to each individual to make their own decision.

Like this post
joybobin

Likes # 0

u r right. but i am sharing my experience..

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have edited your thread title and the text to remove defamatory statements. I have not altered the post in any other way

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Should you have any further problems, then contact Consumer Direct or your local Trading Standards.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 1

Have you contacted the PC World "Web Site" Contact Number and told them that the Item has not been delivered? You make no mention of having done this.

How do you know that it has been delivered to someone that you don't know and doesn't know you?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK