We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

One of the Best - John Lewis

bremner

Likes # 0

For the umpteenth time John Lewis has shown that with Amazon and Crucial it is at the top of Online sales and service.

Ordered a new printer from them on Monday at 12 noon. As I was in no hurry I took their free 5 day delivery.

At just after 11.00 this korming it arrived. Less than 48 hours after ordering.

I can highly recommend them to Forum Members with hesitation.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I can highly recommend them to Forum Members with hesitation.

Well I know what you meant.

Our house is a shrine to John Lewis. Where household appliances and furnishings are concerned, if it's not at John Lewis Mrs. FE won't have it in the house.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Thanks - It should of course say "without" :o(

Since moving 18 months ago we are pretty much the same. As we decorate another room it inevitably means a couple of trips to Bristol John Lewis.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

FGe,

Our house is going the same way.

Especially electronics, from Desktop to picture frames. We recentl bought an Acer Laptop and my Son noticed a pixel out. Next day back to store and exchanged with no hassle at all. Absolutely brilliant service.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

bugle

Over the years John Lewis has stuck to the ethos that the only way to retain or increase market share is to offer its customers the kind of service that other companies can't (or don't) match.

By doing so the business engenders a culture of loyalty in its customer base - John Lewis customers will return time after time. The company's unique policy of making its staff members partners in the business means that they'll go the extra mile - it's in their interests to do so.

Like this post
DippyGirl

Likes # 0

Must agree John Lewis (Waitrose) are an excellent company from the Customer point of view and by all accounts a great company to work for - a freshing change these days..........look and learn

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Count me as a very satified customer too.

DAB radio as a posh present for elder son. Within a couple of months the volume control defaulted to full on switch on. Son was ditherring over particular model, so I was given a full refund and (nice touch) the cost of the Severn bridge toll

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps I am now going to put a slight slant to John Lewis service. Recently they have come in for a bit of stick regarding their 'perhaps now' policy of price matching. Quite a number of items have 'free' extended warranties, and on this basis John Lewis have been unable to price match with other retailers, "because they are offering a better deal" with the 'free' extended warranty.

But having stated that, I made a television purchase from them a few years ago, and at the time of sale their own Partnership credit card would not process correctly. For that trouble we were offered a free meal in their restaurant 'because we were inconvenienced, and waiting'. Declining the offer, we were then given a 'John Lewis' boxed scart lead off the display unit as a substitute. On the box was a sales sticker showing £20.00, which is a price I would have never paid for an item like this, but as it was given free, then whom am I to complain?.

The other problem that I found was the delivery times and arrangement. Item was delivered two days later within the 1pm/9pm time slot. Goods arrived at 8.30pm and were not sourced local, even though the John Lewis store had checked local stock, which I could have taken-away on the day, had I so wished.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

spuds

When I bought the laptop I asked about price match/warranty and I was told JL are no longer counting the warranty as part of the match here in Cardiff. If I had bought the original item he was willing to match currys. We ended up buying a different machine which was already best price so could not test this. This was last week.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

bremner - maybe our paths have crossed, John Lewis Bristol is my local. Perhaps FE should issue PCA badges!

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more