We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

where to buy asus netbook

katedi

Likes # 0

hi All, I want to buy an asus netbook - either the 1015pem (in red or blue) or the 1018p in white. I want 2xusb3.0 ports, the matte screen and bluetooth3. If it is the 1015pem, i would like the 63w battery. I have contacted asustek about where to buy, with no luck. Lots of places advertise these, but either say 3xhighspeed usb (which could be usb2 or 3, or both, or provide half the info. I have phoned, and been to see several, and either the staff cannot find out whether it has the bits I want, or the ones they have dont have them. The price is varied but does not seem to link to the number of "new" features. Can anyone recommend places to buy where I can be assured of getting the spec I want, and not fobbed off with - "you dont need usb3, or the glossy screen is fine...". I have decided what I want, Asus supply these, so where can I buy them? tks kate

Like this post
dororof

Likes # 0

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ASUSEeePCNetbooks/cat.as Give these people a try. I've never used them so do not know their reputation.

Like this post
dororof

Likes # 0

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I was in Comet last week and I almost bought the 1015 in blue. The only difference was it had the gloss screen instead of matt. The reason I didn't buy was that the only one they had was on show and had signs of being possibly abused by 'tyre kickers'. The offer of 5% off the asking price was not enough to tempt me to take a used machine. When the assistant checked for stock elsewhere there was a red block on the stock chart which indicated that they would not be getting any more stock in.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Amazon Click here

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Before you decide on a particular netbook, check to see how much RAM it has in the spec. I bought a Samsung NF210 I like the keyboard and the matt screen, but it is a bit sluggish with the 1GB of RAM when opening software etc. I have increased the size of the Pagefile which has improved it a bit and I am going to buy a 2GB stick of RAM.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects