We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Amazon.co.uk - poor service?

scamble

Likes # 0

Hi,
I ordered a Fuji digital camera from Amazon (UK) six days ago. Their web site suggested yesterday as the likely delivery date but as of now they still haven't debited my account let alone dispatched the item.
Every time I Email them (7x so far) I get what appears to be largely a frustratingly automated response which does not cover my query. They say they cannot cancel my order even though it has not yet been processed.
I cannot find a way to telephone them. Seemingly I'm going to have to receive the item from them and then return it; what a waste of time and shipping?
Today I've ordered the same camera (for £30 less) from ukdigitalcameras.co.uk and it should arrive tomorrow.
Has anyone had good experiences with Amazon?

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

amazon.co.uk is a first class company which I use on a regular basis and have never had a problem.

Like this post
keewee

Likes # 0

Hi, I have to say Amazon's service is amazing. Once, I recieved goods that were faulty, and Amazon sent out a replacement immediately, with no arguments, and even had a freepost address for returning the stuff!

Like this post
Aspman

Likes # 0

Never had a problem, but then I've never had to cancel an order.

Like this post
texasdave

Likes # 0

I am also extremely happy with Amazon.co.uk, i order 3 birthday presents for my sister all from Amazon.co.uk about a week ago, 2 were shipped straight away and the other one came one day later. I used to live in the US and i bought from Amazon.com all the time, never have i had any complaints towards them.

I hope you get your camera soon!

Like this post
TBH1

Likes # 0

I'm wiith mikef here - - -I have had nothing but excellent service from Amazon - - - - in fact this was the first company I did ebusiness with, and was so impressed I bought the company -- -no, that last bit is a lie ;-)

Like this post
mikef™

Likes # 0

I like many other people here have had nothing but good service from Amazon, unfortunatly it seems as if you are the exception, I'm sure if you go into my order section on the site and it has not yet been processed it is possible to cancel there. If I am wrong who are you contacting at Amazon? because whenever I have contacted customer service I have had no problems at all.
You can also call them on 0800 279 6620

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes