We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

4 Months for a Mesh PC and still Waiting

jledge

Likes # 0

OK I hear Mesh computers are good. In fact PC Adviser and all the other trash computer magazines out there will lead us to believe that Mesh ranks amongst the best. However after having waited 4 months and still waiting I don't care how good Mesh PCs are. In my eyes the Company simply don't care. Full STop. Buy a Mesh and ignore this advise at your own PERIL!

Like this post
jledge

Likes # 0

Dear Forum Editor,

I have no nerve left. I am not only out of work, getting divorced and losing my home, I will also be filing for bankruptcy in the near future. You could sue me for the comments I have made here, but since I have nothing left to take there would be little point in doing so? Maybe you think otherwise?

The computer is for my 76 year old Mother and my 82 year old invalid Father who paid for it last October/November time in one payment over the phone. I feel obliged to come across strong because I recommended that they buy a Mesh after reading a very long time ago in a PC magazine (not sure which one) that they were good. Obviously been tested by the likes of PC Adviser. In fact my daughter bought one of their laptops 18 months ago for university (she is studying graphic design) and she has had no problems with it whatsoever. We therefore had no reason to contact customer services or believe that a problem existed with Mesh. I never for a moment realised what we were up against if there was a hitch.

Anyway thank you for contacting Mesh for me. I will contact Davey in due course.

Like this post
ukpostcode

Likes # 0

We had a mesh once & yes we dealt with Davey more than once!
It was well built & after the problems had been sorted out worked well for 4 years.

We now have a Novatech PC.
Not had to call customer service in 18months.
And it's on 18 hours a day every day!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Strike while the iron is hot - contact him now.

I acted immediately I saw your complaint, and Davey responded immediately he received my email. He's going to sort this out for you, so please do as requested and let him have the information he needs.

Like this post
jledge

Likes # 0

OK have just contacted him, although I doubt it will be replied to tonight. However i did get an out of office reply saying that this isn't a general support manned email, which is a little disheartening? In any event will keep you posted.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Davy knows you'll be contacting him, and he can be relied upon to respond.

I'll watch your thread for news, so perhaps you'll post again when you have anything to report.

Like this post
KremmenUK

Likes # 0

As far as not recommending or recommending a company is concerned, I wonder if the Which? approach to reviews is worth pursuing?

Whenever Which? test a product they do exactly the same in that they test the product and not the company. However, at the foot of the article they often make mention of general company and or product reliability.

Example: They put Halifax and Santander accounts at the top of the interest % list but always qualify it by stating that those 2 banks are bottom of the customer satisfaction tables = buyer beware.

They did the same with Dyson vacuums, always top in the tests but didn't get a best buy status due to long term reliability issues until the recent 5 year guarantee started.

Yes, Mesh PC's may well be top notch PC's, if you can actually get one delivered or make any contact with customer services (allegedly) it seems.

Just a thought :)

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

I have had 2 Mesh computers and 1 Dell, I have had no problems with my Mesh machines although my experience with the Dell was less than impressive. No company is perfect, hope you get your system soon.

Like this post
jledge

Likes # 0

Yes we seem to be making some progress. While fixing some lead flashing on the roof at my Mothers house, Mesh were on the phone and opologised profusely and have promised the machine will be ready on Friday and sent by special delivery on the Saturday. They also promise to send us a freebie as a gesture of goodwill. :) So hopefully, my Mother will soon be able to design her home made greetings cards on a Mesh PC, not the outdated and slow Time machine she currently has, which was bought via a Sunday newspaper about ten years ago. Anyone want any lead flashing doing, let me know?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

for the update.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I used to have an Time computer 6 years I had it with no problems and they were not cheap to buy in those days.
My daughter still uses it,It is a bit slow now but still working Ok.
Not sure if your one comes with Windows7 or not but it takes a bit of getting used to after using XP.
But obviously it is far better than XP.
Glad to see you have a bit of movement at last I can see why you were frustrated.
Now that you have started using the forum lets hope you stay around for a while.
I came on here about 6 years ago looking for a bit of help with problems on my computer and still here.
Best of luck for Saturday I hope everything works out well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July