We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

* PC World - Individual Store Phone No.s?

lukealexander

Likes # 0

I need to check the stock availability of an item at PC World branches in Liverpool & Liverpool Garston, but the central line gives me no confidence and is also an hour of date. I can't find direct lines to either store in order to check with some degree of reliability. Both the stores are around an hour round trip, an hour I can't waste at this time of year.

Anyone know where I can get them, or indeed if it is even possible?

Like this post
puma22

Likes # 0

Is this of any help?
click here

Like this post
puma22

Likes # 0

Sorry, link didnt work properly but just click on it and then put in PCWorld. A whole list of numbers comes up.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Try this link instead.

click here

Last time I tried, they did not have the part eactly in the store, but they then honoured the pricve on the next model up!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure whether you can contact individual store's except through an 'adviser', try the 'Collect from Store' method.

Like this post
ForestChav

Likes # 0

Ages since I last did it, so this is vaguely off the top of my head - but if you dial 0870 242 0444 then (I think it's) *(4 digit branch number)#

Try it...

Like this post
lukealexander

Likes # 0

The Collect@Store service I have used before but found it to be very unreliable. It says the item is out of stock, yet the telephone line said it was in stock (an hour ago haha). How would I go about finding the 4 digit branch number?

Like this post
ForestChav

Likes # 0

it's normally on the receipt...

Like this post
pcw Manager!!??!

Likes # 0

there is a good reason for this. we dont have anyone dedicated to answer the phone. this means customers who do have our xd number may end up waiting ages to get answered as we are all serving customers who are in store. secondly you may get through but the person you want is day off, on lunch or serving so then we have to pass messages, messages can get lost etc.... I find on the whole our customer service number are pretty good and no worse than banks, telephone providers or any other commonly used call centre. Collect at store will check our stock availbility acurately so you know what we have in stock at that time.

Like this post
allclear

Likes # 0

Ok Mr PCW Manager answer the following:

Why
1) You have to hunt for a salesman for help?

2) Most of the Guys make you wait for hours on the Customer Services Desk in the stores. You can see them from outside that they are either chating with each other, on the phone or on their PCs, knowing full well, that you are waiting to be served but take their time to serve you with the attitude that it is them who are doing you a favour to serve you.

3) Why are you always short of Staff?

4) Havent you learnt anything about the priciples of customer service after being on Watchdog?

Like this post
allclear

Likes # 0

Where has MR PCW Manager disappeared?

Or do you have no answers to my questions?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback