We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best gaming PC under £700?

ajitk28

Likes # 0

Im looking for a good quality gaming pc for under 700 pounds. im interested in the dell dimension 5150 as it is cheap and has good specs. is the 5150 good for everyday online gaming (i.e. counter-strike source and unreal)? please suggest me a few models which i should consider (and if possible a link too). thanks

Like this post
SG Atlantis®

Likes # 0

monitor? do you need one?

Like this post
ajitk28

Likes # 0

yes it needs to have a monitor too and speakers.

Like this post
Joe R

Likes # 0

ajitk28,

this is worth a look. click here

Like this post
ajitk28

Likes # 0

thats ok, processor isnt that good, im looking for at least 3.0ghz and a graphics card of at least 256mb.

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

I don't know what you mean when you say the processor isn't that good. The link is to a Athlon 3500+ it has a reasonable sized hard drive a good 1 gig memory and a good middle of the road graphics card that will play almost any game out there, admitadly not at the highest rates but for £700 you cannot expect to get a full blown hottie.
I'm sorry but I think you're expecting too much. If you were spending £700 on the base unit alone you could get a faster perhaps even a dual core processor and a better graphics card.
Heres an example of a £700 unit with a monitor click here £643.90 with XP home. You could buy a barebones such as this click here and add bits on it but the sad fact is you would be more expensive.

Like this post
Totally-braindead

Likes # 0

And by the way the 5150 from Dell has onboard graphics as standard, there is a PCI Express slot but you would need to buy a graphics card as well. Plus it only comes with 512mb ram.

As it stands the 6600GT would blow away the Dells onboard graphics. There really is no comparison.

Like this post
Cybermaxx

Likes # 0

What about this?

click here

If only it had a 7600GT, instead of that 7600GS......

7600GS is a bit better than a 6600GT, though. Not a bad price with that monitor included.

Like this post
Joe R

Likes # 0

Cybermaxx,

By far, the best spec I have seen at this price.

Like this post
SG Atlantis®

Likes # 0

Damn that Mesh is a give away.

Wow!

I'd forgot about this thread....

Customer Support sometimes lacks at Mesh but that machine is not to be knocked.

Unbeatable....

Like this post
zincy

Likes # 0

wow with a monitor too that MESH one
its tempting me to buy one myself

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...