We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TINY Computers are BACK!

ROCKHARD

Likes # 0

According to a full page advert in the Daily Mail Tiny Computers have returned, they are now trading as TINY.COM. I thought Tiny Computers went out of business a couple of years ago and were taken over by TIME.Judging by the amount of criticsm Tiny received on consumer programmes & magazine articles, let's hope that they gain a better reputation than they enjoyed previously!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

This story as been featured in other publications recently. The Tiny.com owner Dr Tariq Mohammed as admitted that the new company may struggle at the beginning through the past bad publicity of the old Tiny setup, but he as promised that new customers will have no nasty surprises. Tiny website click here

Like this post
Starfox

Likes # 0

I hope they get all the success they deserve?

Like this post
Andsome

Likes # 0

Use your local small supplier

Like this post
Gannondorf

Likes # 0

Would you really buy a computer from this man!

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Can you trust them again when there are lots of reputable and reliable companies to buy from. Its also connected with Time in someway and they are hardly known for being upfront with terms and conditions.

Like this post
ennuye

Likes # 0

Let's hear what Ian Shaw (the Time rep on this forum) has to say.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

why not wait and see what happens before making such negative comments?

I have no idea whether the new company will prosper or not, but at least they're going to try. I hope they succeed - if they do it will be because they're prepared to get out there in a spectacularly competetive market and have a go. The business plan has some merit, I think there is a market for selling machines to people with a little more computing experience.

No more libellous comments about individuals or other companies please - if you can't post sensible comment it's better not to post at all.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Bigotry it may be. But once bitten twice shy. Perhaps some are not as well informed or indeed as lucky as you! This kind of judgemental comments ought to have been locked out if you were not the FE.

Like this post
Starfox

Likes # 0

Would you put your hand in the fire twice .

Like this post
Smiffy99

Likes # 0

There are very strict rules under the Insolvency Act 1986 and also the Companies Act 1985 for protection of creditors (incl consumers) after a company has gone into Liqudation.

One thing to remember is that the "original"Tiny Computers" is no more - the Company has been wound up and no longer exists, therefore consider the possibility that they could always have started up under another name and no-one would have been any the wiser. (The company name is different from the original - just)

The Shareholders will also have to be convinced that the company is a fairly safe bet before investing in it as will the suppliers, the board of Directors will probably be very different from before so you may see changes there.

At the end of the day they are a new company with a clean sheet and have the same chance of success or failure as any other company in the business, especially as any other company just starting up. I would not count the last episode against them but then again, I would never by a pre-manufacturered computer (unless a laptop) so am unlikely to be affected by either their success or failure.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)