We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Needing Wireless Help

johnwyork

Likes # 0

I have purchased a Belkin AC750 wireless router which has access point capabilities, but those capabilities are poorly documented, and I am needing some help.

I have 2 machines that need to talk to each other wirelessly - Machine #1 has built in wifi and could talk to Machine #2 if it's radio worked, which it doesn't. I called the machine company's tech support, and I was told that I could use an access point instead of the dedicated radio (radio is $600; router/access point is under $100).

What I need is for when Machine #1 transmits wireless data for the access point to receive it and then send it via ethernet cable into the WLAN port of Machine #2, which has a static IP address of 192.168.230.25.

Can I use this router to do that? If so, how do I set it up? Or does anyone know of inexpensive tech service that could help me?

The device I am trying to try not to buy is the Hoeft & Wessel 8614 pretty much because I can't find where to buy one in the US unless I buy it from my dental supply company for $569. But here are the specs and information as to what I am trying to do:

HW 8614 %u2013 DECT/FHSS Ethernet Base Station

The base station HW 8614 is a powerful access point for DataUnwired radio networks. It provides cordless connectivity of mobile devices to an Ethernet Lan. Not only network adapters but also devices with serial interfaces are easily integrated.

The HW 8614 is intended for indoor usage and is easily wall-mounted. Power is supplied either from an external AC/DC adapter (included in the delivery) or as phantom supply via the Ethernet cable. The device has two built-in antennas for optimum indoor radio coverage. An external antenna connector is available as an option. Key advantages DataUnwired is widely scaleable from point-to-point to large radio networks comprising many portable and base stations DataUnwired offers excellent coverage range and has high power efficiency DataUnwired is based on Ethernet, the most popular LAN technology All internet services (web, email, telnet etc.) are supported DataUnwired easily connects devices with COM port into a radio network Typical applications Wireless internet access for mobile browsers Cable replacement for serial bus systems used in automation industry Radio link of terminals in mobile data capture and vehicle environment

Thanks greatly!

John York

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded