We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Port Forwared and Two Routers

atomcontrol

Likes # 0

Hi. Here's my scenario:

There is a Gigaset SE681 WiMax router providing the internet connection. The IP address of this router is 192.168.5.1. I can't log into it as I don't have the password and the owner doesn't know it either. (I am helping someone in Pakistan with this setup).

Next, there is a Tenda Wireless router setup with DHCP Internet connection type. There are 2 devices connected to this: a computer to which I am connected (remote desktop) and a cctv dvr. I need to setup the dvr to be accessible remotely but I think the issue is having the two routers (the port forwarding does nothing).

WAN IP address of Tenda router: 192.168.5.36 IP Adress of Tenda Router: 192.168.0.1 LAN IP address of CCTV DVR (also reserved): 192.168.0.115

Port forwarding rules for dvr are setup on the Tenda router but I can't remotely connect to it (I believe it's because the WAN IP of the Tenda is an internal IP address. This means the Gigaset WiMax modem/router has DHCP turned on as well?)

I also have DDNS service setup in both the Tenda and the dvr itself. When I do the test on the dvr setup screen it comes back as successfully connected to the DDNS service (dyndns).

DVR Settings: IP Address: 192.168.0.115:1065 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.0.1 DNS: 192.168.0.1 (I also tried 192.168.5.1)

I found some default password suggestions (aDm1n and W1m@xm0deM) for the Gigaset router online but none of them worked. For some reason the ISP in Pakistan does not want to release the password.

If I could get into the Gigaset WiMax router I would have no problems as I could either setup DMZ with the Tenda' ip address, use the Gigaset router capabilities or put the Gigaset in modem only mode with the Tenda doing the routing.

Are there any other options I have, given the above mentioned setup/scenario? Any input on this would/will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings