We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't connect to any servers

mxzh

Likes # 0

I've been having this problem for the past few weeks, if not months. For a few days, or maybe around a week lol, I havent been able to connect to any Game-servers, may that be Steam, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 or any of that. I have opened all ports, firewalls are disabled/uninstalled. I've seriously tried every single thing I've read, but I can't get anything to work. My sister (she's on wireless) can play without any problems, so I think it has something to do with my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My router is a Netgear RP614v4 and I have a Zyxel ES-105A switch on my desk. Connected the PC directly to the router, didn't work. Unfortunately can't connect my PC directly to the modem.

Thanks in advance.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Sorry this response is so late. Are you still having this problem?

Have you using DMZ on your router? It's a setting where you can set one PC on the LAN to act as if it was connected directly to the modem. This does mean you lose out on the security that the router provides, but if your PC has adequate protection already then this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If that doesn't work, the next thing I'd try is wiping your hard drive and starting a fresh.

Am I right in thinking that the internet works fine otherwise?

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Should read:

Have you tried using DMZ on your router?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer