We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

switch for super hub

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a virgin media super hub,but have used all the ports. Some devices connect via wifi,but would sooner have a wired connection. Can you offer advice on the best switch and how to connect please. I have installed home networks before,so have some experience Thanks

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

From what I found out about the virgin media super hub, It's a version of this Click here

You will need either a 5 port GS605 (just bought this one) Click here

or an 8 Port GS608 Click here

Connection is easy, Disconnect one of the Ethernet Cables from the virgin media super hub and connect it to the switch, The cable you get with the switch connects to the disconnected port on the super hub, Any other cables connect to the Switch.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

thanks for the reply.I was looking at a netgear switch,wasn't sure which one to purchase,will pay a visit to PC World tomorrow ,many thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded