We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help<<<<Anyone heard about Virtual Hotspot app?

karenna

Likes # 0

Hello everyone, have you heard about Virtual Hotspot app? I want to use it to share my laptop Internet access with my Blackberry device. But I'm not sure whether it could do that, and I want to get more infos before I check it out. Cnt find my desired infos through the website though www.virtualhotspot.net/index.jsp. Could you guys give me some more useful suggestions? Thanks ahead!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Not quite sure what you mean here. I have a Blackberry and I can tether it to a PC as if it were a 3G mobile dongle and share my Blackberry internet with my PC. Or are you referring to when there is a very poor 3G signal and your Blackberry device (assume you are referring to your mobile phone) cannot access the internet? If the second, this article should explain how to set up an ad hoc network.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Reading through the detail about the "Virtual Hotspot App", it appears that, for the Laptop to connect to the internet "wirelessly" and share its connection as a WiFi Hotspot, it must be running Windows 7. Having said that, if the Laptop is connecting by WiFi to a router, then why can't the Blackberry?

With earlier versions of Windows, the Laptop would have to connect to the internet other than by WiFi and have an Ad Hoc network set up between it and devices sharing its connection. Difarn has posted a link with details about setting up an Ad Hoc network.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

>>Could you guys give me some more useful suggestions?<<

Stop Spamming, Click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming