We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Connection to a BT Home Hub

NormansBayMan

Likes # 0

I already have one computer connection to my BT Home Hub but in trying to connect a second computer I get the following message on the list of available connections, "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network." I am not aware that I have saved any settings on this computer since receiving it back from repair last week. How do I go about getting this second computer to my Home Hub?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"I am not aware that I have saved any settings on this computer since receiving it back from repair last week."

No, but something may have been altered while the computer was being repaired. Delete any existing wireless "profiles" that have been saved and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again. The exact procedure for deleting the profiles will depend on the version of Windows you're using.

Like this post
ascorbius

Likes # 0

I am also encountering this issue. It started yesterday when I connected a Ubuntu PC to the network wirelessly.

The only way to repair the connection is to reboot the BT Homehub.

Oddly enough, I've never seen this message before and I have a Dell Laptop, a Macbook pro and 3 Android devices as well as my Windows 7 PC

Also, when this problem occurs, the Mac and the Android devices + the Ubuntu PC can still connect, but the Win7 PC cannot.. yet the only resolution is to reboot the router - as if it's been kicked or something.

Also - This is the NEW home hub.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Don't know whether this is relevant in your case(s) but have just read a blog that following a BT Home Hub firmware update the router set itself back to factory settings.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded