We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DNS Error- internet works for 5 minutes then stops with a dns error

woods_2o10

Likes # 0

Hello all

OS- Windows 7 Acer aspire m3802 ASUS USB wireless networking adaptor (using because realtek 8190 wont pick up my signal) tried with chrome and ie but both dont work

Basically searched all around the internet for a resolution, as soon as my pc connects to the wireless network it works fine for up to 3-4 minutes then starts slowing down to eventually it grinds to a halt... ive tried various solutions... for example manually setting my dns server, flushing my dns. releasing and renewing my ip address... all to no prevail.

My ps3 connects fine, iphone connects fine and never loses connection so am guessing its something to do with my pc

any help will be greatly appreciated. Anything else you need please let me know

Thank you

Like this post
woods_2o10

Likes # 0

C:\Users\Woods>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Home Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b9c9:eb5c:4d89: IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.4 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin

Tunnel adapter isatap.Belkin:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.Home:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Home

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings