We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Networking Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Linksys Router and Network Magic

barnie1

Likes # 0

, I have just purchased a Linksys WAG 120n router with a built in modem. Having used the CD to install same, I downloaded their software, which is "Network Magic". This software is downloaded with a 7 day trail of the most sophisticated version, which is "Network Magic Pro 5.5". Of course, as the 7 day trail starts to come to an end, within the program itself, it invites you to purchase either the above software, or the alternative "Network Magic Essentials 5.5". I decided that I would like to buy this, and when you click the "Buy Now" within the program, it directs you to the American website, where it offers it for the price of $23.99. I adjusted the Cisco/Linksys site to the United Kingdom version, but as soon as I tried to "Buy" the software, and not just download it for a free 7 day trial, it redirected back to the "US" site. I tried, using Paypal and Mastercard, to buy it, but the issue was that the "location" dropdown, did not offer the UK as an option, so both Paypal and Mastercard, would not accept the purchase, in spite of the fact that the purchase was an email with activation key. I sent an email to CISCO but all they could offer was for me to buy the software at another US store!! Can you help?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

The website does say:

Software is not available for purchase in the following countries: Austria, Estonia, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Bulgaria, France, Latvia, Portugal, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Germany, Lithuania, Romania, Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Denmark, Hungary, Malta, Slovenia

Like this post
barnie1

Likes # 0

Thanks for your kind reply mgmcc. It is frustrating that the company want you to buy their products, advise you to download their software (including the UK site), flash up every day that you only have x number of days to pay for it, and then, you cannot buy it. Struggling with this concept I have to say.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features