We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Black Friday.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Where has this come from? Reminds me of the big red posters posted on Shop windows many years ago. Sale! Sale! Sale!

Another gimmic that the public will swallow? Spend your money on something that you can do without? It's a bargain though?

Are we that guillible?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Friday was Robinson Crusoe's 'lucky' day ... a topnotch day!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... in contrast, Glasgow's friday night's pub disaster, in which many people were killed or seriously injured, will be remembered for a different reason.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, I just don't know how to reply to your 'latteral' thinking post. I'm talking about what is happening today and how 'Black Friday' is seemed to be like Christmas to some shoppers. On a particular day, Friday at that, magic seems to happen and they spend money? Christmas around the corner and a bargain is a must if you have children.

Question is how often this created 'Black Friday' occurs and more specifically who started it?

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Black Friday sales are an American tradition, happening on the first Friday following Thanksgiving. Over there the throngs of me first sale goers have seen several deaths and many injuries over the last few years.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Closer to the point, rdave13 ... I noticed that the Ipad2 on sale at John Lewis was £31 pounds cheaper on BLACK friday ... but with a diminshed guarantee of 2 years only; [whereas, it was a 3 years guarantee on thursday]. It's now an extra £75 to extend that warranty to 3 years!

I agree with you ... gullability is expected by the big shops tryin' to palm-off so called bargains ... Red Sales In the Sunset ... each one bringing happiness ... hee hee.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Seems to be a US frenzy that's spread over to here. bbc news click here item gives background history etc.

A google throws up some wild reports of violent shoppers. Phew, glad I stayed at home.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees read your post twice and can't make sense of it except BF follows Thanksgiving.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Red Sails In The Sunset.

click here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees apologies, now I can make sense of your 10:32PM post. Black Friday indeed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015