We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rock music doesn't get better than this!

Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Ah!...........Brilliant.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I wonder what Robert Plant think of those passe macho bare chested posed images these days...?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I am not going to disagree with you.

However, each generation produces a new batch of heroes and those that grow up with them will be biased in their favour.

There are some considerable bands around today and there will be more tomorrow

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The image of drummer John Bonham in the 'field' photo, looks like a 'deliberate', spot-the-mistake, cut 'n' paste job.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Is there "still time to change the Rolls Royce"?

Almost a permanent fixture on the car CD :0)

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Rain Song

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Rock music doesn't get better than this!"

That's a personal opinion, and I respect it. The track is a classic of its time, and of the genre, but the music business moves on, and there are some superb bands around today.

Bands like this one, for instance,this one and this one

Finally, an australian band who made a huge impression on me when I saw them on stage in Melbourne.

The big name bands of the 1970s were amazing, but I wouldn't say they can never be bettered,or at least equaled.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Most unlike the FE to list a host of counter You Tube links...

Like this post
aquatarkus

Likes # 0

Ok I'm officially old.

Sorry FE but those that you linked to leave me absolutely cold, managed to listen / watch about a minute of each until gave up with them.

Sorry but they don't compare to Led Zep, Deep Purple etc.

Regards Aquatarkus

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Late sixties early seventies when heavy rock was invented is nostalgia for those of us old enough to remember, which of course adds to the enjoyment.

I was lucky enough to see Ledd Zepplin play at the Boat Club in early 71.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers