We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Look out - here comes ISON [ from December ]

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Well the Russians should see this one coming ;0) they have had a couple of near misses in the last hundred or so years.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I would rather see a programme after the comet has passed through, telling us what was discovered, than a programme speculating about what might be discovered.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Saw it this morning. South of east, just as dawn is breaking. Got quite a good tail, about as big as the 1857 one for those that remember.

I'm getting the frankincense and myrrh ready!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffolees ... all that you need is a clear sky above [look to the eastern horizon] and a willingness to go outdoors when it's freezing, perhaps ... and, no explanations are necessary.

PCA Observer, morddwyd can back-me-up, on this occasion :o]

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, I have to go outside when it's cold, I have a dog to walk!

You need to do more than just look-up to the sky unaided, to learn from it what the scientists are hoping to learn.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees ... I'm so glad that I don't have a dog to distract me [ especially ] whenever maurading rogue comets are shuffling about the heavens ... above. ;o]

PS. I don't give 'two-hoots' what so-called astro-scientists may think or conjecture [is that a verb?] about comets!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Aitchbee can you sometimes just say what you mean without the jiggery pokery of the English language? Possibly get rid of the brackets?

Just a thought, but your lateral thinking might not allow it. :)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I will [reluctantly] 'jettison' [into outer-space] my square brackets [never to be seen again] ... there ... they're gone now ... is everybody happy? [now]

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Aitchbee [ yes at last] {I think}, (may be)

:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite