We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Football World Cup Should England give it,s place to Sweden

iscanut2
Resolved

Likes # 0

As our footballers have no chance of progressing in next year,s World Cup, should we give up our place to Sweden who would seem to have more chance based on last week,s showing against Portugal .

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Hmm, we ought to have a Referendum on that first.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

They had no chance of winning it in 1966 and were we proved wrong.

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 1

We will have little chance of lifting the 2014 world cup but after our slim victory ( away goals ) against Burkina Faso we are going to compete. I do not understand the attitude of some who always look on the gloomy side. Yes your team may have little chance but it like ours they will be playing with some of the best footballers in the world. For those teams who did not get to the finals that is the nature of the nock out system.

Will you also scrap your rugby union and leauge teams. Bring home your cricket team from Australia. Stop all English from playing tennis and golf.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

My suggestion is not meant to be serious for goodness sake !!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Watching bits and pieces of their last two game they spend about 60% of time passing the ball backwards towards their own goal.(maybe more than 60% just guessing). Now everyone knows that you can't score goals going back the way hence the complete lack of shots at goal in the whole match.

I think they have the makings of a good side but we will never know if they keep playing the way that they do.

Where will they finish in the world cup, my guess would be 8th the way they are playing just now. Step it up a bit and you never know.

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

My suggestion is not meant to be serious for goodness sake !!

Then why did you post it?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Algerian peter, because, at times, humour can be appreciated. It's sport we're talking about not the end of the world.

I'm in the minority here but I appreciated your post for what it was meant to be iscanut2. A leg pull.

Don't bother again if I were you.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave. Surely anyone would realise that my suggestion would have been totally impossible. You do wonder about some people having had a sense of humour bypass !

Like this post  
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

Algerian peter, because, at times, humour can be appreciated.

So what is funny about

Football World Cup Should England give it,s place to Sweden

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I rest my case !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites