We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

C13 plug question

rickf
Resolved

Likes # 0

I got a guitar amp from Spain which came with a C13 2 pin plug. Can I use it safely via an adapter? Alternatively, Will a C13 3pin kettle plug be safer? Thanks

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You should be able to use either a UK adaptor or the 3 pin kettle plug, but whether the product will be earthed is another thing?.

I have just purchased an electrical item from Argos that had the 'continental' 2 pin plug fitted, the item also came with a UK approved 3 pin adaptor.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Can I use it safely via an adapter? Yes

Will a C13 3pin kettle plug be safer? If its only a twin cable from the amp it will make no difference.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for the info. Just didn't want to blow up myself or the amp

Like this post  
sunnypete

Likes # 0

Presume you have checked that it's set for UK mains voltage 230 volts, and that it carries the "double insulated" symbol...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

According to www.worldstandards.eu/electricity click here

Spain, 230V, 50Hz and UK is 230V, 50 Hz. It's just the shape of our wall sockets that differ.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Great guys. Really helpful. Many thanks for all the quick replies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...