We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No turning back now, I’m on the slippery slope to softness ;o}

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

That’s it, Iv’e finally done something I thought I would never ever do. All these years I have been resisting the urge but finally this latest cold spell has brought me to my senses - I have taken to wearing Long Johns!

Whilst it is great having warm legs and all points south, I now find the actual manoeuvre taken for granted when going for a jimmy, has to be re-learnt when preparing one’s person quickly as one presents oneself to the task in hand?

Now you’ll have to excuse me, it is time for me to change my goose fat and brown paper vest ;o]

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

I've taken on a vest... just for the winter, you understand...

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Brumas- A very sensible solution to the cold and age,also helps to lighten the depression caused by increased charges on fuel bills?.

Long john's and thermals were the saviour of many a cold day, even the women use to wear them,and tights, when I worked in the police force :O).

Next there will be talk about having an hip flasks and a warming substance at the ready!.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

spuds * sunnypete* seems I'm not alone then ;o}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"I've taken on a vest... just for the winter, you understand..."

That's fine, just as long as you don't get tempted to tuck it into your under pants!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brother in Law stays in Lanzarote where the temperature seldom falls below the 20 degrees or whatever it is even in the winter.

Just thinking how nice it would be to go away for the winter and come back in the summer.

There is savings to be made doing it that way. For a start you don't need to buy Long Johns.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

..just as long as you don't get tempted to tuck it into your under pants!

Why not, if it stops you getting a cold bit around your middle.

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

One just doesn't do that sort of thing...

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Just thinking how nice it would be to go away for the winter and come back in the summer. and that is exactly what our neighbours do - each November they fly back to their house in Capetown and return to their house on Dartmoor in April. We keep an eye on the house for them while they are away and look after the garden until Spring arrives and in turn they allow us to use their spare bedroom if we have lots of guests over Christmas and the use of their freezer when all the Christmas party goodies arrive.

Sorry FE for the use of the C word four days before the deadline....

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

One just doesn't do that sort of thing...

Wear the pants on the outside and its all tucked in like these people however you may be called upon to save the world on a regular basis.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Surely Silver's attire are now moth eaten? :-\

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...