We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Charity wristband suggestions?

Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Hi everyone :) as I'm sure you all know, Remembrance Day has just been and gone. This year I noticed that they also sold poppy wristbands rather than just traditional Poppy's, and when I got it and started wearing it, that gave me the idea of what I want to start doing. Collect wristbands so I can have my wrists full of them haha.

So like I said, I've got a black poppy wristband. I went into a British heart foundation shop in town on Wednesday to get a wristband from them. I just ordered a Help For Heroes wristband and a Support The Forces wristband yesterday.

The next ones I'm probably going to get is a collection from this page...

I prefer when I can get them from town, in which it will cost me less money because I have a bus pass so that means that I'm only paying for the wristbands, not for the travel/delivery. I know that a lot I can only get online, but the more I can get from a shop, the better.

If anyone has any more suggestions of charity wristbands, that'll mean a lot :)

1]: [click here

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Also, it's not just because it's cheaper that I prefer going to the actual shop, I just enjoy going around town into shops. I just love going into shops because quite often in my experience, I've always had a little chat with someone in the store etc (such as Wednesday I went into sainsbury's and the person who helped me, she were on the bus back so that was really nice), and I'm sure we all can agree that things like that can leave us smiling a lot :-)

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I suppose it's one way of wearing your heart on your sleeve!

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Yep it is Wee Eddie ;D I forgot how much I love wristbands :) and wristbands, they are something that are nice to wear and show off but aren't expensive :-)

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I was under the impression that one wore a wristband because one had done something to support the Charity, or cause, mentioned on it.

Rather than a device to persuade people that you were generous (£1.25 a pop) and that ones halo was shining brightly

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Well it's more so for raising awareness the point of wristbands, not simply just broadcasting the message that you helped the charity.

It's not just charity wristbands I want to get, but those are quite a big majority I want to get. Yea ok maybe people may think it's weird, think me and others are crazy for being like this with wristbands etc, but you can express yourself how ever you want, how ever you call "yourself", without worrying about the thoughts of others, as if that's what you want, if that's what makes you happy, then it's not up to others to decide for you.

I want to get loads of bracelets etc too but then those are more expensive than what wristbands are and they are kinda a bit irritating compared to wristbands.

Came here for a question though about suggestions of charity wristbands, not to discuss what wristbands are for Haha ;)

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

No disrespect intended to Jwbjnwolf but, does anyone ever actually look at other people's wristbands?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

"... does anyone ever actually look at other people's wristbands?"

Some of the bigname tennis stars [Murray 'n' Federer for example] 'slip on' a gold ROLEX watch [sponsored] ... immediately after winning a 'major' like Wimbledon for instance ... wouldn't it be refreshingly nice, if they 'nonchalantly' slipped on [to both wrists ... up to the elbow ] several 'charity wristbands emblazoned with appropriate slogans ... for all of the world to see?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... forgot to add, it's when they hold up the trophy for the cameras ... for a few dollars more.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

If only Rolex would sponsor me!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

wee eddie - you're 'minted' already!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features