We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Public Figures Who Have Been Jailed

oresome

Likes # 0

Am I alone in thinking they should lay low and show some remorse and shame after leaving prison?

I don't want to see book launches and television appearances etc. and them generally capitalising on their misdeed.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Don't blame the disgraced public figures, blame the saps who lap it all up and make it worth their while.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You might be right in thinking that people should show remorse and shame, but their view may be different.

They might say that they have served their sentence, and that their debt to society has thereby been discharged. They might say that there's a good market for such books and TV appearances, so why shouldn't they take advantage of the fact?

That's what they might say.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Served their sentence?

Can anyone name a single person who has actually served their sentence? Instead of a half, quarter or even an eighth of it?

WTM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A local disgraced 'public figure', who was recently jailed for 3 years for lying in court, managed to 'inspire' a stage-play called, " I, Tommy " at the famous Pavillion Theatre in Glasgow.

click here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

"I wasn't lying your honour, it just political spin"

Expecting a politician to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. is like expecting the sun not to rise in the East.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps off subject, but I know of 'public figures' who have pleaded on serious medical grounds that they are totally unfit to attend court, and the case as been dismissed.

Yet these very same, appear later making well to do for themselves. And no further action is taken?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Good job Nelson Mandela didn't think like that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...