We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It is fairley quiet hear

Algerian peter ™
Resolved

Likes # 0

Think I will go and rake up some leaves in the garden.

Have had a large crop of courgettes and find it difficult to store them. Has any one any tips to stop them going of.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Very quiet here!

Think I will go and rake up some leaves in the garden.

You're lucky - it's pouring down here:-(

Have had a large crop of courgettes and find it difficult to store them. Has any one any tips to stop them going of.

In my opinion throw them straight in the toilet and cut out the middle man. I hate them!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You can freeze courgettes, but it's not worth the effort - they will become mushy and unpalatable. Eat them while they're fresh, and then throw away the surplus, there's no way of storing them effectively.

Like this post  
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Lots of onions, (tinned)tomatoes, and chopped courgettes > Sautee in butter or oil, (onions first) > season lightly.

Lots of, old, clean jam jars > heat in the oven at about 120'C for 30 minutes > fill with the hot, now, Pasta Sauce > put a small circle of greaseproof paper on the top > seal while still hot > store in a cool dark place.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Algerian peter, never mind the courgettes, I hope that you are recycling your raked-up leaves, so's you can make some lovely leaf-mold ... [hint:] 20 black bin-bags full of leaves [ if stored appropriately for about 2 years ] will rot down to 1 bagful of the 'precious stuff' !

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

wee eddie, would glass coffee jars be ok to store your home-made 'Pasta Sauce' as I don't have any 'jamjars'?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia