We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Third Man...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

is just one of those films that no matter how many times I've seen it, I end up watching it again when I flick through the TV channels. Does any other film do that for you?

For me it's the combination of the Anton Karas soundtrack and the striking use of black & white cinema technique that do it with The Third Man.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

At university, we had to take a General Studies course so we didn't turn into complete nerds and I chose 'Film Studies'.

Orson Welles was one of the people we studied so we watched 'The Third Man' as part of that.

Like you, I'm liable to stay with it if I come across it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I also enjoy the "Third Man". Another film I do watch , particularly in view of current middle east conflicts is "Lawrence of Arabia". The political fallout from that conflict are with us today.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Lots

Kelly's heroes

Predator

The Burbs

Blade Runner

Alien

Total Recall (Arnie version or is it Sharon Stone?) (still trying to get an accurate body count)

and they are just the ones that have been on recently - I flick through the channels - get glued to the finish, another late night :0)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Excalibur is my favourite film - I always get a 'buzz' when [the young] Arthur 'nonchalantly' pulls-out-the-sword-from-the-stone, and then puts-it-back-again, 'cos his 'Dad' orders him to do so.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

When I watch a film I usually either fall asleep and miss most of it or, get bored and come back to the PC.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Many films, which we have watched on the telly [or even on the big-screen] as children, can be appreciated on a different level, when seen again as adults ... decades later.

[I watched (and listened to) the whole of ' The Magnificent Seven ' last saturday, on TV, for the first time in 40 years ... there's some great one-liners in it!]

Magnifico!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For me it's Get Carter and I still think the ending is unfair.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Yeah, Get Carter is surreal, my other drop eveything film is Ice Cold in Alex... I just can't flick past that one.

Like this post
kad292

Likes # 0

Hobson s choice

7 Days in May

Fail Safe

12 Angry Men

Sanjuro [Mifune]

Hari Kiri [with Nakadai]

Point Blank

Flight Of The Phoenix [Stewart,Attenborough]

M [Lorre]

I can watch these and a few more endlessly

Like this post
Rob Gibson

Likes # 0

To choose just one it has to be:

"A Matter of Life and Death"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...