We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is going on here

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Somebody needs to address this matter.

login screen keeps appearing but you can't as it is for staff only. Get rid of that and then type in a lengthy message to reply to a post, then find out you have been logged out and have to do it again. If you get that far then "server error"

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

bumpkin ... it's just the new 'obstacle course', of course.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... and it's a good 'un.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

am not having the problem using HP Laptop running XP Home Java Script turned off. running old Flock Browser with old Firefox Engine

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Aitchbee,

"it's just the new 'obstacle course'"

If you can see this I have managed it this time but not an easy route, requires stamina, patience and persistence.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

bumpkin ... I just say a little prayer 'n' keep my fingers crossed.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

I don't have any problems either with my XP desktop or my Win7 laptop.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Despite frequent protestations to the contrary, this site is gradually getting worse and worse.

For a site that offers "Web Design Help" it is laughable.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I was having the same problems, and mentioned this in another thread. Kept being logged-out after trying to post. It now seems to have corrected itself.

But I have noticed a couple of things this morning. One is with Google Chrome telling me that this website is unavailable at times?.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I had this server/password problem yesterday, but I consider myself lucky if I can log in and post at all nowadays.

I can boil the kettle in the time it takes for the adverts to load on this page.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

" I can boil the kettle in the time it takes for the adverts to load on this page. "

... that's wots known as 'multitasking' ;o]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launch live: Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 at IFA

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...