We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: How many devices in your home are connected to the internet?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

How many devices in your home are connected to the internet?

Bear in mind that there are there are many other internet-connected devices that might not be immediately considered after the usual smartphone, laptop, tablet and PC – such as: satellite or cable set-top box, bedroom alarm clock, security camera, games console, printer, television, digital camera, Blu-ray player, picture frame, home-cinema projector, NAS drive, baby alarm…

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How many devices in your home are connected to the internet?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Only 6(though the 6th might actually connect to energy supplier via alternative method)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The term dumb meter doesn't quite carry the same amusing connotations for an innocent 10 year old as the term dumb waiter did for me back in '66...

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You might get one of these as you get older.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Live on my own, 1 All in one PC win7, 1 laptop Vista, 1 camera, and all in one Printer. laptop gets most daily use.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I suspect that when Microsoft 'pulls-the-plug' on their 'support' and 'security updates' for their Windows XP operating systems connected to the world wide web, [ April 2014 ] millions of computer devices 'all over the world' will be trashed or handed in to charity shops.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

iPhone, iMac, Asus Vivobook laptop. Those my 3 daily drivers. Well.. My iMac I ain't on every day, neither my laptop, as it's my iPhone that I mainly use, but then I still of course use my mac a lot lol.

My mum, she's got her iPad and iPad mini, nexus 10, and nexus 7, and my old iPod. And then my sister has iPad Mini. my sisters iPad mini and my mum's iPod aren't much on the net though, and I hardly use my iPod, and I don't use my netbook either as that's what the Asus has replaced so overall it's about 7 devices that access Internet.

Aitchbee, Well that certainly is going to be a big help for the environment that's for sure...

Everyone should put something like Lubuntu on them, and either stay using them, or if they need to upgrade, give them to someone who's not so lucky to be able to have a good PC, or just put up on eBay or something. I don't know, but if only every of those computers would be recycled to someone that would make use of it rather than put to waste.

I think with my Netbook and my sisters netbook which we just do not use now, and also the Dell we have that don't use, that's what I will do, eventually get something out of those, as they just sitting there doing nothing.

I think these kind of Polls are actually pretty good, because it makes you think of all the things you actually have got, certainly also helps you think of all the things you got that you never use that's for sure.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, No they won't. XP will not stop working just because there are no more updates for it.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

One laptop, one tablet, one smartphone and one desktop. in all a total of four

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

1 X Desktop PC 1 X Laptop 1 X Smart? TV (Not really smart, we have to use a remote to get it to do things.) 2 X 7" Tablets 1 X Phone The smart telly couldn't work out the total but it's 6

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......