We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

EDF advice please

iqs

Likes # 0

Hello. I'm looking for some advice/help in regards to my mothers EDF direct debit bill.hopefully this is the correct forum ? Two years ago,my late father set up the direct debit. Each month since them £75 pound has been deducted ,totalling £1800 My mother has a electric meter,with a pay as yup go key,so the £75 each month is just for the gas.

I phoned EDF ,they said its correct . I questioned this amount ,it seemed a lot for an elderly widow who just uses the gas for the gas central heating . Plus she has an electric oven . I said,the amount was the same for when the heating was on in the winter ,and when I switched the heating off during the summer . This made no sense to me . That's when I was told she owes them nearly £6 ???

They offered to test the meter,but if it's not faulty ,they will charge £35

I would like to know how I can verify if this is correct . Currently I have to take their word for it that the bills are right. Is there an independent body I can contact to gain assistance with this issue .

I cancelled the direct debit ,and set up quarterly payments

Please any help is appreciated

Thank you

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This is a duplicate, waiting to be closed ;-)

FE has moved other proper Thread and responses to Tech- Consumer forum click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September