We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

We all complain about the rising cost of food,

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

but do you really know what everyday items cost?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

FE

And there was me thinking 'This is the place for lively and thought-provoking debate'.

My mistake.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Surely fourm member there's no mistake, you have been on this website and a contributor long enough to know how it works. You like everyone else have a view, and you have the right like the rest of us on how you wish to express that view. The only point is that at some stage, people need to agree to disagree, and not always accept what is being forced on them by another member, usually as a fact?.

I suppose we are all guilty of that at some time in our lives?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Whoops, I have just noticed. Was the above remark posted at 8.14AM by fourm member in response to his yesterday's 02/10/2013 9.22AM post " Is anyone STILL reading the Mail" and the Forum Editor's page 3 comment there?.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Of course the best way to save money on food is to be sensible about 'Best Before' dates. 'Best Before' means exactly that it doesn't mean that the food suddenly becomes uneatable the instant the date passes.

I used to work in the Flour Milling industry and bags of flour produced on the same day had widely differing Best Before dates. Self Raising flour had a 6 month date and Plain Flour an 18 month date. The reason is that the raising ingredients in Self Raising Flour slowly loose their effectiveness over time hence the shorter date, but there is nothing wrong with the flour itself that a teaspoon of baking powder won't remedy.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

fourm member

"My mistake."

How come?

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...